Food warehousing logistics refers to the circulation of material entities inside and outside the warehouse, which, according to the sequence of the operation process, mainly includes: transport, acceptance, storage, packaging, concentration, distribution and other links. Information flow refers to the filling, checking, transferring and saving of various documents, vouchers, statements, documents and materials. Logistics and information are sometimes synchronized but sometimes not. Information is the premise of all operations of warehouse.
Warehousing management is a productive activity. Warehousing is a comprehensive place that reflects the material activities of the factory, and a transit station connecting production, supply and sales, which plays an important auxiliary role in promoting production and improving efficiency. Warehousing is the temporary storage of products and articles in the process of production and circulation due to pre-order or pre-market forecast. At the same time, around the warehousing entity activities, clear and accurate statements, documents and accounts, and accurate information of accounting department are being carried out. Therefore, warehousing is the integration of logistics, information flow and document flow.
The acceptance of commodities is mainly about the acceptance of the quantity, quality and packaging of commodities, that is, to check whether the quantity of storage commodities is consistent with the order data or other documents, whether there are any errors in the specifications and brand names, whether the quality of commodities meets the requirements, and whether the logistics packaging meets the requirements. The basic requirement for acceptance work is to be timely and accurate, that is, to accurately check and accept the quantity, quality and packaging of commodities in the shortest possible time. The standard and basis of commodity acceptance are generally based on customers’ requirements for commodities. The methods of commodity acceptance include general physical inspection, appearance inspection and package integrity inspection. Inspection of chemical indicators is usually conducted at a professional inspection site.
The warehouse shall be kept clean and tidy, and no dust or foreign matter shall contaminate the goods. Storage shall be classified and divided into shelves, 10 cm from the wall and more than 15 cm from the ground to facilitate ventilation and inspection.
The procedures of goods delivery generally include preparation before delivery, verification of delivery documents, material preparation, review, and preparation for handing over item by item.
- Preparation before delivery. In order to ensure the timely delivery of goods to customers, the warehouse should actively contact with the competent business departments, in order to prepare for the delivery of goods.
- Delivery documents. Delivery documents include delivery notice, bill of lading and transfer order, etc.
- Goods preparation. According to the goods name and specification of the goods listed on the delivery documents, check the storage account of the goods. Confirm the goods location of the goods to be discharged. Note the specification, batch and quantity, and prepare on a first in, first out basis.
- Review. After the goods preparation, review shall be carried out to prevent mistakes. The content of the review can be summarized as “two inspections” and “one check”. “Two inspections” is to check whether the appearance quality is intact and qualified, and whether the technical certificates are complete; “one check” means to check whether the name, specification and quantity of the goods listed on the delivery documents are consistent with the real goods.
Sanitary requirements for food storage depot
- Have complete doors, windows and walls, and the ground is paved with impermeable and non-toxic materials.
- Keep the warehouse ventilated and dry, and avoiding direct sunlight.
- Install screen door, screen window, mousetrap, to ensure no flies, no mice, no insects.
Sanitary control of food storage
- Establish the registration system for food in or out the warehouse. Classified according to the time of storage, first in first out.
- All kinds of food shall be stored separately and classified according to the variety type and storage date.
- Store food away from walls and floors. It is 20cm-30cm away from the ground and 30CM away from the wall. There shall be space between the shelves and a passage left in the middle.
- Establish the regular inspection system of food inventory, to master the shelf life of food and prevent mildew, soften and stink, and rat bite.
- The warehouse shall be cleaned regularly.
- No toxic and harmful substances such as pesticides shall be stored in the food storage depot.
- Spoilage and smelly food shall not be stored in the cold storage.